Organic Cascara Sagrada Herbal Tincture
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Our organic Cascara Sagrada herbal tincture can be used as a stimulant laxative and for the short-term relief of occasional constipation. Cascara Sagrada is traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to promote bowel movement because of direct action on the large intestine.
Latin Name: Frangula purshiana
Extraction: 1:4 (250mg/ml)
Part Used: Cascara Sagrada Aged Bark
Dose: 1-4 ml 1x per day. (Consult a Health Care Practitioner for use beyond 7 days and take the smallest dose necessary)
Ingredients: Organic Cascara Sagrada Aged Bark, Organic Non-GMO Cane Alcohol and Distilled Water.
- Consult a health care practitioner when using our organic Cascara Sagrada herbal tincture if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have kidney disorder, faecal impaction or symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking cardiac medications such as cardiac glycosides or antiarrhythmic medications, thiazide diuretics, corticosteroids, licorice root or other medications or health products which may aggravate electrolyte imbalance.
- Reduce dose and stop use if you experience abdominal pain, cramps, spasms and/or diarrhoea.
- Do not use Cascara Sagrada if you have abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, potential or existing intestinal blockage, atonic bowel, appendicitis, inflammatory colon disease such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, severe dehydration with depleted water or electrolytes or diarrhoea.
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Stop use if hypersensitivity/allergy occurs.
Other Info: Yes this stuff really works and we would advise against straying too far from home...Know what we mean?